At Carteirra, we are committed to protecting your privacy. The following describes the information gathering and usage practices of Carteirra.
1. We may collect personally identifiable information from you, such as your name, email address or mailing address, when you visit the Web Site, provide us with such personally identifiable information through the Web Site or email us with a question or concern. In addition, we may collect additional personally identifiable information, such as credit card information, from persons who purchase goods or services from Carteirra.
2. Carteirra will not share, rent or sell your personally identifiable information to any non-affiliated organization or company without your consent. However, we may disclose your personally identifiable information under limited circumstances if we conclude we are required by law to do so or have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property or safety of Carteirra, its customers or the public.
3. All of the customer data we collect is stored on a secured server to protect against unauthorized access. Carteirra takes information security very seriously and uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect your personally identifiable information from unauthorized access. Unfortunately, no security system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information and cannot assume liability for improper access to it.
4. Carteirra will track visits to the pages and links on our Web Site so we can make decisions about the design and usage of the Web Site. While we may choose to share aggregate information, such as statistics, on consumer behavior to third parties, none of this aggregate information contains personally identifiable information.
6. Protecting the privacy of the young is of paramount importance. We never collect or maintain information from those we actually know are under the age of 21, and no part of our Web Site is directed at or designed to attract anyone under the age of 21.
3. The data controller is Carteirra UK Limited, a company incorporated in England and Wales under registration number 08278853, whose registered office is at 50 Jermyn Street, St James’s, London, SW1Y 6LX (“Carteirra”, “us”, “we” or “our”).
What personal information is collected
5. We may collect, store and use the following personal information:
a) any information provided by you when you register on, post on or subscribe to a newsletter or any other online service offered by us via the Wesbite;
b) any other information that you choose to disclose to us from time to time;
How personal information is used
6. We may collect your personal information for the following purposes:
a) registering a user account in your name;
b) dealing with your enquiries;
c) building a marketing profile;
d) sending you promotional materials that relate to our goods and services which are similar to those you have previously purchased, registered for or otherwise expressed an interest in; and
Disclosure of your information
8. We will only share your personal information with:
a) our affiliates and members of our company group;
b) hosts of the Website and operators of the server(s) on which the Website is hosted;
c) future owners of the Website; and
d) persons to whom we are required by law or a competent regulatory authority to provide your personal information.
10. A cookie is a small piece of data sent from the Website and stored on your device (e.g. omputer, tablet or mobile) while you are browsing the Website. Cookies are then sent to the originating Website on each subsequent visit or another website that recognises that cookie. Cookie use is standard on the Internet. Cookies do lots of different jobs like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences and establishing whether you are logged in or not, possibly across multiple visits.
11. The table below explains the cookies we use on the Website and their purposes.
|PHPSESSID||Session||expires when browser is closed||This cookie is used to remember choices you have made during your visit. This cookie is deleted when you close your browser.|
|wordpress_logged_in||Session||expires when browser is closed||This cookie is required to keep you logged in to our dashboard (for registered users only).|
|wordpress_test_cookie||Session||expires when browser is closed||This cookie checks if you have cookies enabled (for registered users only).|
|__utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmz||Google Analytics||up to 2 years from set/update||These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited. Click here for an overview of privacy at Google|
12. Most browsers allow you to turn off the cookie function. Note, however, that this may restrict the use of some parts of the Website. You can find out more about the way cookies work and how to turn off the cookie function at www.cookiecentral.com and www.allaboutcookies.org.
14. You may exercise your right to access your personal information and right to rectify it by sending us an email at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org We may need to verify your identity prior to disclosing any personal information in order to ensure that we are not disclosing personal information to, or about, the wrong person.
15. All of the personal information we collect is stored on a secured server to protect against unauthorized access. Carteirra takes information security very seriously and uses reasonable administrative, technical, physical and managerial measures to protect personal information from unauthorized access both during its storage and transfer.
16. However, the Internet is not a risk free place for communication and, for that reason, we cannot and do not guarantee complete security. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have adequate anti-virus software and firewalls.
Privacy of children
18. Protecting the privacy of the young is of paramount importance. The Website is intended to be used by persons aged 18 or over. We do not seek to collect information about persons under the age of 18.
19. No information should be submitted to or posted on the Website by persons younger than 18 years of age. If such a person submits personal information via the Website, we shall delete that information as soon as we are made aware of their age and thereafter shall not use it for any purpose whatsoever.
Legally required disclosures
20. We may be required, by applicable law, subpoena, court order or other legal process or if Carteirra is undergoing a business or share sale to disclose your personal information to a third party (such as a regulator or proposed purchaser of our business and its advisors), and it is our policy to comply with any such requirements to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Jurisdiction and applicable law
E-mail: email@example.com | Tel: 021 2002 133 | Carteirra RSA Pty Ltd | PO. Box 1888, Hermanus, 7200, South Africa
1. Use of information
Carteirra is committed to keeping your personal information confidential. Carteirra will use your personal information to enhance your experience, the service that Carteirra provides to you and to communicate with you, unless expressly directed by you not to do so.
2. Personal information
In general, you may visit the www.carteirra.com website without revealing any personal information. There are times, however, when Carteirra may request personal information from you.
If requested, you may choose to give us your personal information, for example your name and address or email addresses. This information may be needed, for example, to correspond with you, to process an order, or to provide you with a subscription.
Carteirra will advise you how it will use personal information before it collects the personal information from you. If you inform Carteirra that you do not want it to use your personal information as a basis for further contact with you or for any other purpose, it will not do so.
3. Information security and quality
Carteirra intends to protect the quality and integrity of your personal information. Carteirra has implemented appropriate technical and organisational information security measures (including, but not limited to, using encryption for transmission of credit card numbers) to help it keep your information secure, accurate, current, and complete. However, Carteirra cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to it online and you do so at your own risk.
To assist Carteirra in correcting inaccuracies in your personal information please return the message containing the inaccuracies to Carteirra with details of the correction requested.
4. Information collection
To monitor and improve the website, Carteirra may use technology to gather information about your use of the website including details of your operating system, browser version, domain name, and IP address.
The process of gathering the information as described immediately above uses a technology known as “cookies”. If you do not wish us to collect the information your browser should allow the disablement of cookies.
5. Sharing of information
Carteirra will not sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party.
Carteirra may share information within the group of companies to which it belongs.
Carteirra will disclose information when lawfully required to do so to comply with any relevant legislation, or any legal process.
Sometimes Carteirra may share aggregated information (for example, demographic data) with its stakeholders and business partners, but it will not disclose your personal information to third parties save with your consent or as provided in this privacy statement.
6. Collection of information by third parties
Owners or information system administrators of third party websites that have links to the Carteirra website may collect personal information about you when you use these links. Carteirra does not control the collection or use of personal information by third parties and this privacy statement does not apply to third parties.
7. Clickstream data
Carteirra may collect anonymous information from visitors to its websites to help it provide better customer service. For example, Carteirra keeps track of the domains from which people visit its website and also measures visitor activity on its website. In doing so Carteirra ensures the information cannot be used to identify you. This information is sometimes known as “clickstream data”. Carteirra or its analytic vendors may use this data to analyse trends and statistics and to help it provide better customer service. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
8. Online advertising
Carteirra engages third parties that help it deliver its banner advertisements and other online communications. The third parties may collect and use information about Carteirra customers to help us understand the offers, promotions, and types of advertising that are most appealing to its customers. The personal information they collect is aggregated and cannot be linked to a person. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
a) Third party vendors, including Google and DoubleClick, show Carteirra’s ads on sites on the internet.
9. Personalised URL link
On occasion, a personalised URL (link) is displayed on the Carteirra website that directs a visitor to a personalised web page. The personal URL is readily identifiable and may result in the disclosure of personal information. By clicking on that link and accessing a personal web page you agree to allow Carteirra to collect information about your session visits. Carteirra may use this information to help it provide you with information that matches your interests. If you do not wish your personal information to be used in this way, please notify us.
This websites is not aimed at children. While Carteirra are committed to comply with all applicable laws aimed at the protection of children and in particular the protection of their personal information, it is not anticipated that children’s personal information will come into the possession of Carteirra through this website.
This privacy statement was last updated in February 2013.